ADMISSION OF UNDERGRADUATE AND POST-GRADUATE STUDENTS FOR 2016/2017 ACADEMIC SESSION
WHY ABUAD IS THE FIRST CHOICE FOR QUALITY AND FUNCTIONAL EDUCATION
- ROOTED IN EXPERIENCE OF THE FOUNDER
ABUAD is the brain child of Aare Afe Babalola, OFR, CON, SAN, LL.D, D.Litt, a self-made man; an acclaimed university administrator; the first and the only holder of LL.D (honoris causa) of the University of London in Africa in March, 2015; the former Pro-Chancellor of University of Lagos and Winner of NUC’s the Best Pro-Chancellor Award (twice) in Nigeria and the Former Chairman, Committee of Pro-Chancellors of Nigeria Universities, Winner of African Man of the Year in Education in 2014 as well as the 2016 African Leadership Magazine’s recipient of the award for Pioneering Excellence & Innovation in Tertiary Education in Africa.
- UNIQUENESS OF ABUAD
- Consistent, predictable and assured academic calendar
- 100% FULL accreditation by NUC National Universities Commission and Professional Bodies in all 47 programmes including seven (7) programmes in Engineering, Law, Medicine and Health Sciences, Accounting, Computer Science, Media & Communication, International Relations and Social Justice.
- Winner, 2011 Socrates Award for Best Enterprise in Africa by European Business Assembly in Oxford.
- 2nd Best Private University out of 68 Private Universities in Nigeria by Webometrics in January 2016 Ranking.
- UNPRECEDENTED LANDMARKS IN ACADEMICS
(i) Has graduated 3 sets of students in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
(ii) Students obtain professional certification in Banking, Accounting, ICT Marketing, ICAN, Computer Science and Engineering in addition to their university degrees.
(iii) Compulsory certificate in one foreign language by all students (Chinese or French)
(iv) Best female engineering student from ABUAD – Association of Professional Women Engineers of Nigeria
(v) 2nd overall best student from ABUAD by ICAN (ATSWA)
(vi) Best brain award by Nigeria Trust Award
(vii) Best University Law Faculty Award - Institute of Government Research and Leadership Technology, 2012
(viii) The computer Professionals Registration Council in 2013 designated ABUAD as Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security.
4. INTERNSHIP, SCHOLARSHIP AND OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
(i) Internship opportunities for students in USA, England, China and Germany, Pan Ocean Nigeria
(ii) Fulbright scholarship programme.
(iii) International Linkages with highly ranked world universities.
- Center for Mechanical Laboratory by CES Industries of America.
- Scholarship Dragnet Solutions Limited.
(iv) Annual Scholarships by Pan Ocean Oil Corporation.
(v) Annual Scholarships by Zartech Limited.
(vi) Annual Scholarship training in Chinese language in Chinese University.
(vii) Reduction of 50% tuition fees from students studying Agriculture.
(viii) Annual Scholarships for ABUAD students and teachers (N87.5m) in 2014.
(ix) Agbami Medical and Engineering professional scholarship by Chevron, Star Deep Petroleum Limited and Partners.
5. ULTRAMODERN STRUCTURES
(i) State-of-the-art talent discovery building housing 26 sporting facilities and 15 skills.
(ii) Ultra-modern structures housing beautiful colleges, hostels and other utilities.
(iii) Fully residential for staff and students.
6. Robust Parents/Teachers Consultative Forum.
7. Freedom of religion.
For details of National and International acknowledgements, accreditation and unique learning and teaching methods, see ABUAD 6 year Scorecard and Milestone
PART A. PRE-DEGREE PROGRAMME (9 Months - Admission into 100 Level) (Visit Afe Babalola International Study Centre, Ibadan, Oyo State to collect form Click http://abisc.org.ng/contact-us/ to contact International Study Centre)
PART B. DEGREE FOUNDATION PROGRAMME (18 Months-Direct Entry into 200 Level) Visit Afe Babalola International Study Centre, Ibadan, Oyo State to collect form. Click http://abisc.org.ng/contact-us/ to contact International Study Centre
PART C. UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
(1) COLLEGE OF LAW (5years) – LL.B LAW
(2) COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
(i) Medicine and Surgery (M.B.B.S) – 6 years, (ii) B.Sc Nursing Sciences – 5 years
(iii) Medical Laboratory Science (B.MLS) – 5 years
(3) BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES – 4 Years
(i) B.Sc Anatomy (ii) B.Sc Physiology (iii) B.Sc Human Nutrition and Dietetics (iv) B.Sc Pharmacology
(4) COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (5years)
(i) B.Eng Mechanical Engineering (ii) B.Eng Mechatronics Engineering (iii) B.Eng Electrical/ Electronics Engineering (iv) B.Eng Petroleum Engineering (v) B.Eng Civil Engineering (vi) B.Eng Chemical Engineering (vii) B.Eng Computer Engineering (viii) B. Eng Agricultural Engineering
(5) COLLEGE OF SCIENCES (4 years)
(i) B.Sc Microbiology (ii) B.Sc Human Biology (iii) B.Sc Agricultural Science (iv) B.Sc Biochemistry (v) B.Sc Chemistry (vi) B.Sc Industrial Chemistry (vii) B.Sc Computer Science (viii) B.Sc Mathematics (ix) B.Sc Geology. (x) B.Sc Physics and Electronics (xi) B.Sc Biotechnology (xii) B.Sc Physics (xiii) B.Sc Petroleum Chemistry
(6) COLLEGE OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (4 years)
(i) B.Sc Economics (ii) B.Sc Accounting (iii) B.Sc Banking and Finance (iv) B.Sc Business Administration (v) B.Sc Tourism and Events Management. (vi) B.Sc Political Science (vii) B.Sc International Relations and Diplomacy (viii) B.Sc Peace and Conflict Studies (ix) B.Sc Intelligence and Security Studies (x) B.Sc Social Justice (xi)B.Sc Media and Communication Studies (xii) B.Sc Marketing (xiii) B.Sc Entrepreneurship
PART D. POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
(1) COLLEGE OF LAW
- Master of Law
(2) COLLEGE OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Economics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
- Postgraduate Diploma in Banking & Finance
- Postgraduate Diploma in Conflict, Peace and Strategic Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma in Media and Communication Studies
- Master of Science in Economics
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Banking & Finance
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Science in Conflict, Peace and Strategic Studies
- Master of Science in Political Science
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management
- Master of Industrial and Labour Relations (MILR)
- Master of Science in Media and Communication Studies
(3) COLLEGE OF SCIENCES
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Biochemistry
- Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology
- Master of Science in Microbiology
- Master of Science in Biology
- Master of Science in Biochemistry
- Master of Science in Computer Science
(4) COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
- Master of Science in Anatomy
- Master of Science in Physiology
- Master of Science in Human Nutrition
PART E. ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Five O’Level Credit passes at one sitting to include English Language, Mathematics, Literature in English, and any other 2 Social Sciences or Arts Subjects are required for admission into College of Law.
- Five O’Level Credit passes at one sitting to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology are required for admission into the MBBS and Nursing Science Programmes.
- Other Programmes: Five O’Level Credit Passes at not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics and three (3) other subjects relevant to course of study.
PART F. MODE OF APPLICATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- PURCHASE OF APPLICATION FORMS
Candidates who chose ABUAD in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are to pay the sum of N10,500 into any of the under-listed banks with Undergraduate Account Number while PostGraduate Application form is also N10,500 and to be paid into the Postgraduate School Account Number
2.0 CHANGE OF INSTITUTION
- Candidates who did not choose Afe-Babalola University (ABUAD) in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are also qualified to participate in the Post UTME screening of the University by paying the Sum of N2,500 for change of Institution and N10,500 for the Post UTME Form into any of the under-listed banks:.
- Admission into ABUAD for Non Direct Entry Candidates is subject to successful passing of the UTME Examination and the Post-UTME screening.
- Candidates awaiting SSCE results or its equivalent can also apply for admission provided the result will be available at resumption in September, 2016.
|UNDERGRADUATEPROGRAMME ACCOUNT (N10,500)||POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL ACCOUNT (N10,500)|
|Skye Bank Plc||1770775995||Skye Bank Plc||1771572603|
|Wema Bank Plc||0122139765||Wema Bank Plc||0122203662|
|Ecobank Plc||2862016620||Ecobank Plc||2862027071|
|First Bank Plc||2017401566||Stanbic IBTC Bank||0001462435|
|Zenith Bank Plc||1013837065||FCMB Bank Plc||0483012036|
|Union Bank Plc||0034651222|
|Diamond Bank Plc||0033828634|
PART G. DIRECT ENTRY/INTER UNIVERSITY TRANSFER REQUIREMENTS
- Direct Entry form from JAMB is required to be eligible for admission into Afe Babalola University, Ado – Ekiti (ABUAD)
- Direct Entry/Inter University Transfer admissions are also available for all courses listed above except Law, Medicine and Surgery, and Nursing Science.
- Applicants are to pay the sum of N10,500 into any of the designated Banks and obtain the application form at the University Campus in Ado Ekiti.
- NOTE:That Bank Tellers are to be presented along with the completed registration form(s) at the Post UTME Screening Centres.
PART H. ONLINE AAPLICATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE AND POSTGRADUATE
- Download the Application Form Online on the University Website: abuad.edu.ng
PART I. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES:
(A) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
The criteria for admission into the PGD programme will be as follows:
- All candidates must have five credit passes including English, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects at ‘O’ Level.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree from any NUC approved University must obtain a minimum of 3rd Class degree in the relevant discipline.
- Holders of HND in relevant programmes from approved Institutions with a minimum of Upper Credit may also be considered for admission.
(B) Master’s Degree Programmes
The criteria for admission into the Master’s Programme (M.Sc.) will be as follows:
- 1. All candidates must have five credit passes including English, Mathematics and three relevant subjects at ‘O’ Level.
- Professional Master’s Degree Programme
- Candidates for professional Master’s degree programme must obtain a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in the relevant discipline of Afe Babalola University or equivalent of any other University approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
- Candidates with university degree in Third Class or HND plus a university PGD at credit level pass, (i.e., CGPA of 3.0/5.0) or 50% on weighted percentage average may be considered for admission into professional Master’s degree programmes.
- All candidates must demonstrate adequate intellectual capacity, maturity and effective decision making and problem solving potentials.
3. Academic Master’s Degree Programme
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degrees from the relevant discipline of Afe Babalola University or equivalent of any other University approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) must obtain a minimum of second class lower division with a CGPA of 3.0/5.0 for an academic programme.
- Candidates with at least a third class degree or HND and university PGD in the relevant discipline of Afe Babalola University or equivalent of any other University approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) with CGPA of 3.0/5.0 may be considered for admission into academic Master’s degree programmes.
PART J. DURATION OF POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES:
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- 2 Semesters – Full Time
- 3 Semesters – Part Time
- Master of Science Programmes
- 3 Semesters – Full Time
- 4 Semesters – Part Time
- Master of Business Administration
- 4 Semesters – Full Time
- 6 Semesters – Part Time
PART K. DESIGNATED SELLING POINTS FOR BOTH UNDERGRADUATE AND POSTGRADUATE FORMS
- MAIN CAMPUS: AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY [ABUAD], ADO-EKITI, KM 8.5, AFE BABALOLA WAY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE.
- IBADAN OFFICE,EMMANUEL CHAMBERS: 80, FAJUYI ROAD EKOTEDO, IBADAN.
- ABUJA OFFICE: EMMANUEL HOUSE, 24, MADEIRA STREET, IMANI ESTATE, MAITAMA, ABUJA.
- LAGOS OFFICE:EMMANUEL HOUSE, PLOT 1, BLOCK 4, CMD/JUBILEE ROAD, MAGODO GRA, LAGOS.
- PORT-HARCOURT OFFICE: EMMANUEL CHAMBERS, 7, ABA ROAD, LEVENTIS BUS STOP, PORT-HARCOURT.
- WARRI: MR DELE OHWAHWA, GREEN OCEAN MULTIBIZ, 60 ODOGUN AVENUE, NEW LAYOUT, OFF JAKPA ROAD, EKPAN, WARRI, DELTA STATE.
NOTE: That Bank Tellers are to be presented at the designated selling centers for collection of Application Forms. Application Forms will also be available on the day of screening at the Screening Centre.
PART L. POST-UTME EXAMINATION CENTRE
- The Examination Centre and Date will be communicated later
PART M. INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
- International Applicants are required to forward their academic transcripts to the following email addresses;
- reg firstname.lastname@example.org
PART N. FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES
- Visit http://abuad.edu.ng or send email to email@example.com OR
- Send a letter to the Office of the Registrar, Afe Babalola University [ABUAD], Ado-Ekiti. OR
- Call the following numbers: 08127772121, 08034402771, 08054300473, 08038521163, and 08033509150.
PART O. IMPORTANT NOTICE.
- Because of FRUADSTERS, Applicants should call the following contacts only 08127772121, 08034402771, 08054300473, 08038521163, and 08033509150 and do not ENTERTAIN ANY CALL from ANYBODY DIFFERENT from the Phone Numbers listed above.
- Applicants should use the designated bank accounts above as payment made into any wrong or fraudulent account is at the applicant’s risk.
- Download Undergraduate Form
- Download Change of Institution Form (If you did not choose Afe Babalola University in UTME)
- Download Direct Entry Form
- Download Inter University Transfer Application Form
- Download Postgraduate Form
Lady Christie Oluborode