ADMISSION OF UNDERGRADUATE AND POST-GRADUATE STUDENTS FOR 2017/2018 ACADEMIC SESSION
- 3pm - 12am
ADMISSION OF UNDERGRADUATE AND POST-GRADUATE STUDENTS FOR 2017/2018 ACADEMIC SESSION
WHY ABUAD IS THE FIRST CHOICE FOR CANDIDATES IN SEARCH OF QUALITY AND FUNCTIONAL EDUCATION
1. ABUAD FOUNDED BY ACCOMPLISHED UNIVERSITY ADMINISTRATOR
ABUAD is founded by Aare Afe Babalola, OFR, CON, SAN, LL.D (Lond.), LL.D (Lagos), a self-made man; an acclaimed university administrator; the first and the only holder of LL.D (honoris causa) of the University of London in Africa in March, 2015; the former Pro-Chancellor of University of Lagos and Winner of NUC’s the Best Pro-Chancellor Award (twice) in Nigeria and the Former Chairman, Committee of Pro-Chancellors of Nigeria Universities, Winner of African Man of the Year in Education in 2014 as well as the 2016 African Leadership Magazine’s recipient of the award for Pioneering Excellence & Innovation in Tertiary Education in Africa.
- Consistent, predictable and assured academic calendar
- 100% FULL accreditation by NUC National Universities Commission and Professional Bodies in all programmes including Engineering, Law, Medicine and Health Sciences, Accounting, Computer Science, Media & Communication, International Relations and diplomacy and Social Justice.
- Winner, 2011 Socrates Award for Best Enterprise in Africa by European Business Assembly in Oxford.
- 1 Best Private University in Google Scholar ranking, No 2 best Private University in Repository Ranking and No 2 best Private University out of 68 Private Universities in Nigeria by Webometrics Ranking (January 2017)
3. UNPRECEDENTED LANDMARK ACHIEVEMENTS IN ACADEMICS
- Has graduated 4 sets of students in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- In addition to their university degrees, students obtain professional certification in Banking, Accounting, ICT, Marketing, ICAN, Computer Science and Engineering.
- Compulsory certificate in one foreign language by all students (Chinese or French)
- Best female engineering student from ABUAD – Association of Professional Women Engineers of Nigeria
- 2ndoverall best student from ABUAD by ICAN (ATSWA)
- Best brain award by Nigeria Trust Award
- Best University Law Faculty Award - Institute of Government Research and Leadership Technology, 2012
- The computer Professionals Registration Council in 2013 designated ABUAD as Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security.
- Students in College of Law reputed the Best in West Africa recorded First Class and Second Upper in Nigerian Law School, 100% in Nursing examination, 100% in Medical Laboratory Science examination, 98% in Medicine etc.
- The Engineering College is acknowledged as Template for Engineering education in Nigeria by Nigeria Society of Engineers in Nigeria.
4. INTERNSHIP, SCHOLARSHIP AND OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
- Internship opportunities for students in Nigeria (Pan Ocean), USA, England, China and Germany.
- Fulbright scholarship available for students and teachers
- Students and teachers exchange programme available in highly ranked world universities in South Africa, Brazil, USA, Germany, China and England.
- Center for Mechanical Laboratory by CES Industries of America.
- Scholarship Dragnet Solutions Limited.
- Annual Scholarships by Pan Ocean Oil Corporation.
- Annual Scholarships by Zartech Limited.
- Annual Scholarship training in Chinese language in Chinese University.
- Reduction of 50% tuition fees available for students studying Agriculture who are also entitled to take-off grant after graduation.
- Annual Scholarships for ABUAD Teachers and Students totaling N7.5million in 2011, N17.5million in 2012, N32million in 2013, N35million in 2014 N40million in 2015 and N45million in 2016.
- Agbami Medical and Engineering professional scholarship by Chevron, Star Deep Petroleum Limited and Partners.
- NNPC/TOTAL Scholarship Awards from the year of award till graduation
5. ULTRAMODERN STRUCTURES
- State-of-the-art talent discovery building housing 26 sporting facilities and 15 skills.
- Ultra-modern structures housing beautiful colleges, hostels and other utilities.
- Fully residential quarters for staff and students.
6. Robust Parents/Teachers Consultative Forum.
7. Freedom of religion.
8. Accreditation by NUC – all programmes are fully accredited as well as full accreditation of the Law Programme by the Council of Legal Education.
9. National and International Acknowledgement and Scorecard – See ABUAD 7 years Scorecard and Milestone at ABUAD website – www.abuad.edu.ng
(9 Months - Admission into 100 Level) (Visit Afe Babalola International Study Centre, Ibadan, Oyo State to collect Form. Click http://abisc.org.ng/contact-us/ to contact International Study Centre)
DEGREE FOUNDATION PROGRAMME (18 Months-Direct Entry into 200 Level) Visit Afe Babalola International Study Centre, Ibadan, Oyo State to collect form. Click http://abisc.org.ng/contact-us/ to contact International Study Centre
(1) COLLEGE OF LAW
- LL.B, LAW - 5years
(2) COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
- M.B.B.S, Medicine and Surgery – 6 years.
(3) BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
- B. NSc. Nursing Sciences – 5 years
- B.MLS Medical Laboratory Science – 5 years
- B.Sc. Human Nutrition and Dietetics – 4 years
- B.Sc. Anatomy - 4 years
- B.Sc. Physiology – 4 years
- B.Sc. Pharmacology – 4 years
- B.Sc Public Health – 4 years
(4) COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (5years)
- B.Eng. Mechanical Engineering
- B.Eng. Mechatronics Engineering
- B.Eng. Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- B.Eng. Petroleum Engineering
- B.Eng. Civil Engineering
- B.Eng. Chemical Engineering
- B.Eng. Computer Engineering
- B.Eng. Agricultural Engineering
- B.Eng. Biomedical Engineering
NB: College of Engineering has 37 Laboratories and is acknowledged as Template for Engineering Education in Nigeria. The College has also won international competitions for invention in Seattle, US and London, England.
(5) COLLEGE OF SCIENCES (4 years)
- B.Sc. Microbiology
- B.Sc. Human Biology
- B.Sc. Biotechnology
- B.Sc. Biochemistry
- B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry
- B.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc. Mathematics
- B.Sc. Geology
- B.Sc. Physics & Electronics
- B.Sc. Petroleum Chemistry
(6) COLLEGE OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (4 years)
- B.Sc. Economics
- B.Sc. Accounting
- B.Sc. Banking and Finance
- B.Sc. Business Administration
- B.Sc. Tourism and Events Management.
- B.Sc. Political Science
- B.Sc. International Relations and Diplomacy
- B.Sc. Peace and Conflict Studies
- B.Sc. Intelligence and Security Studies
- B.Sc. Social Justice
- B.Sc. Communication and Media Studies
- B.Sc. Marketing
- B.Sc. Entrepreneurship
- B.Sc. Sociology
(7) COLLEGE OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES (4 years)
- B.A. Philosophy
- B.A. English
- B.A. History and International Studies
- B.A. Linguistics
(8) COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE (5 years)
- B. Agric. Agriculture
(1) COLLEGE OF LAW
- Master of Laws (LL.M)
(2) COLLEGE OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Economics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
- Postgraduate Diploma in Banking & Finance
- Postgraduate Diploma in Conflict, Peace and Strategic Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mass Communication
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Relations and Diplomacy
- Postgraduate Diploma in Intelligence & Security Studies
- Master of Science in Economics
- Master of Science in Management
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) - Professional
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Banking & Finance
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Science in Conflict, Peace and Strategic Studies
- Master of Science in Political Science
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management
- Master in Industrial and Labour Relations (MILR) - Professional
- Master of Science in Mass Communication
- Master of Science in International Relations and Diplomacy
- Master in International Relations and Diplomacy (MIRD) - Professional
- Master of Science in Intelligence & Security Studies
(3) COLLEGE OF SCIENCES
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Biochemistry
- Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Industrial Chemistry
- Postgraduate Diploma in Physics with Electronics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Geology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Agricultural Economics
- Master of Science in Microbiology
- Master of Science in Biology
- Master of Science in Biochemistry
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Industrial Chemistry
- Master of Science in Physics with Electronics
- Master of Science in Geology
- Master of Science in Agricultural Economics
(4) COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
- Master of Science in Human Anatomy
- Master of Science in Physiology
- Master of Science in Human Nutrition
(5) COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Postgraduate Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Postgraduate Diploma in Petroleum Engineering
- Postgraduate Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Computer Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Chemical Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Petroleum Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Mechatronics Engineering
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Five O’Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE) Credit passes at one sitting to include English Language, Mathematics, Literature in English, and any other 2 Social Sciences or Arts Subjects are required for admission into College of Law.
- Five O’Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE) Credit passes at one sitting to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology are required for admission into the MBBS and Nursing Science Programmes.
- Other Programmes: Five O’Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE) Credit Passes at not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics and three (3) other subjects relevant to course of study.
- Result of 2017 in Unified Tertiary Matriculations Examination (UTME).
MODE OF APPLICATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- PURCHASE OF APPLICATION FORMS
Candidates who chose ABUAD in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are to pay the sum of N10, 500 into any of the under-listed banks with Undergraduate Account Number while Postgraduate Application form is also N10, 500 and to be paid into the Postgraduate School Account Number
2.0 CHANGE OF INSTITUTION
- Candidates who did not choose Afe Babalola University (ABUAD) in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are also qualified to participate in the Post UTME screening of the University by paying the Sum of N2,500 for change of Institution and N10,500 for the Post UTME Form into any of the under-listed banks:.
- Admission into ABUAD for Non Direct Entry Candidates is subject to successful passing of the UTME Examination and the Post-UTME screening.
- Candidates awaiting SSCE results or its equivalent can also apply for admission provided the result will be available at resumption in September, 2017.
|UNDERGRADUATEPROGRAMME ACCOUNT (N10,500)
· Wema Bank Plc 0122718841
· Union Bank Plc 0061954679
· UBA Plc 1020297573
· Sterling Bank Plc 0064784459
POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL ACCOUNT (N10,500)
· Wema Bank Plc 0122203662
· Union Bank Plc 0050182276
· UBA Plc 1020298532
· Sterling Bank Plc 0064790070
DIRECT ENTRY/INTER UNIVERSITY TRANSFER REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates can apply for Direct Entry with either HND, ND, JUPEP, IJMB or IGCSE (A-LEVEL).
- Direct Entry form from JAMB is required to be eligible for admission into Afe Babalola University, Ado – Ekiti (ABUAD)
- Direct Entry/Inter University Transfer admissions are also available for all courses listed above except Law, Medicine and Surgery, and Nursing Science.
- Applicants are to pay the sum of N10, 500 into any of the designated Banks and obtain the application form at any of the designated selling points. .
- NOTE: That Bank Tellers are to be presented along with the completed registration form(s) at the Post UTME Screening Centers.
ONLINE APPLICATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE AND POSTGRADUATE
- Click on https://admissions.abuad.edu.ng/ to fill the online form and to make online payment
- Download the Application Form Online on the University Website: abuad.edu.ng then payment can either be made online or directly to the designated accounts
- Download POST UTME REGISTRATION FORM here
- Download CHANGE OF INSTITUTION FORM here
- Download INTER UNIVERSITY TRANSFER FORM here
- Purchase form directly after having made payment online or to the designated accounts from any of the designated selling centres
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES:
(A) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
The criteria for admission into the PGD programmes are stated below:
- All candidates must have minimum of five credit passes including English, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects to proposed course of study at ‘O’ Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE).
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree from any NUC approved University must obtain a minimum of 3rd Class degree in the relevant discipline.
- Holders of HND in relevant programmes from approved Institutions with a minimum of Lower Credit may also be considered for admission.
(B) Master’s Degree Programmes
Master of Laws (LL.M)
The criteria for admission into the LL.M programme are as follows:
a) A Bachelor of Laws degree from an approved university with a minimum of Second Class Honours Lower Division.
b) A minimum of five (5) credit passes, including English Language and Literature in English, at not more than two (2) sittings in SSC/GCE Ordinary Level or its equivalent.
c) A minimum of two positive references as to character and learning must be submitted by the applicant. At least one of the references must be obtained from the applicant’s former undergraduate law lecturer.
The College of Law Postgraduate Committee may, in addition, conduct a qualifying examination for applicants for the purpose of admission.
Master of Science (M.Sc)
The criteria for admission into the Master’s Programme (M.Sc.) are as stated bellow:
- All candidates must have minimum of five credit passes including English, Mathematics and three relevant subjects to proposed course of study at ‘O’ Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE).
- Professional Master’s Degree Programme
- Candidates for professional Master’s degree programme must obtain a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in the relevant discipline of Afe Babalola University or equivalent of any other University approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
- Candidates with university degree in Third Class or HND plus a university PGD at credit level pass, (i.e., CGPA of 3.0/5.0) or 50% on weighted percentage average may be considered for admission into professional Master’s degree programmes.
- All candidates must demonstrate adequate intellectual capacity, maturity and effective decision making and problem solving potentials.
- Academic Master’s Degree Programme
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degrees from the relevant discipline of Afe Babalola University or equivalent of any other University approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) must obtain a minimum of second class lower division with a CGPA of 2.5/5.0 for an academic programme.
- Candidates with at least a third class degree or HND and university PGD in the relevant discipline of AfeBabalola University or equivalent of any other University approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) with CGPA of 3.0/5.0 may be considered for admission into academic Master’s degree programmes.
DURATION OF POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES:
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD)
- 2 Semesters – Full Time
- 3 Semesters – Part Time
- Master of Science Programmes (MSC)
- 3 Semesters – Full Time
- 4 Semesters – Part Time
- Professional Master
- 4 Semesters – Full Time
- 6 Semesters – Part Time
- Master of Laws (LL.M)
- The Full-time LL.M programme shall run for a minimum of 12 calendar months and a maximum of 24 calendar months;
- The maximum period may be extended upon a request from the College of Law Postgraduate Committee to the University’s Postgraduate Board of Studies for onward recommendation to the Senate for approval.
DESIGNATED SELLING POINTS FOR BOTH UNDERGRADUATE AND POSTGRADUATE FORMS
- MAIN CAMPUS: AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY [ABUAD], ADO-EKITI, KM 8.5, AFE BABALOLA WAY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE.
- IBADAN OFFICE, EMMANUEL CHAMBERS: 80, FAJUYI ROAD EKOTEDO, IBADAN.
- ABUJA OFFICE: EMMANUEL HOUSE, 24, MADEIRA STREET, IMANI ESTATE, MAITAMA, ABUJA.
- LAGOS OFFICE: EMMANUEL HOUSE, PLOT 1, BLOCK 4, CMD/JUBILEE ROAD, MAGODO GRA, LAGOS.
- PORT-HARCOURT OFFICE: EMMANUEL CHAMBERS, 7, ABA ROAD, LEVENTIS BUS STOP, PORT-HARCOURT.
- WARRI:MONTESSORI INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, 66, AIRPORT ROAD, OPPOSITE DELTA CAREER COLLEGE, WARRI.
NOTE: That Bank Tellers are to be presented at the designated selling centers for collection of Application Forms. Application Forms will also be available on the day of screening at the Screening Centre.
POST-UTME SCREENNG CENTRE
NB: FOR AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, THERE SHALL BE NO WRITTEN TEST ON EXAMINATION. (All candidates are advised to dress corporate and should arrive at the venue at least 30 minutes before the exercise commences)
The designated screening centres for the applicants are:
1. MAIN CAMPUS: Afe Babalola University, Km. 8.5 Afe Babalola Way, P.M.B 5454, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State
2. ABUJA: Garki Secondary School, Area 10, Garki, Abuja
3. LAGOS: Afe Babalola Auditorium, University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos
4. PORT HARCOURT: Port Harcourt Polytechnic, (formerly Rivers State College of Arts & Science), Rumuola Road, Port Harcourt
5. WARRI: Montessori International College, 66 Airport Road, Opposite Delta Career College, Warri
6. IBADAN: Afe Babalola International Study Centre, AB Plaza, Oshuntokun Avenue, Bodija, Ibadan
7. CALABAR: Government Technical College, Main Avenue, Calabar
8. ENUGU: Bishop Otubelu Juniorate Secondary School, Hill View, Trans Ekulu, Enugu
9. KADUNA: Divine Progress School, No. 47 Mayere Road, Opposite Dullah Filling Station, Narayi High Cost, Barnawa, Kaduna.
10. JOS: Plateau State Polytechnic Campus, Beside National Library, Jos, Plateau State.
11. ASABA: Mastercare International School(of Advanced and Remedial Studies), 1 Dan Okenyi Street, Off Okpanam Road, beside Mac Dons Fastfood, Asaba, Delta State.
DATE: Saturday, 22nd July, 2017.
- International Applicants are required to forward their academic transcripts to the following email addresses;
- reg firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES
- Visit http://abuad.edu.ng or send email to email@example.com OR
- Send a letter to the Office of the Registrar, Afe Babalola University [ABUAD], Ado-Ekiti. OR
- Call the following numbers: 08127772121, 08034402771, 07039647532, 08038521163, and 08033509150 for Postgraduate Programme call 08033583315, 08033928955, 07032366407.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – FRAUDSTERS!!!.
- Because of FRUADSTERS, Applicants should call the following contacts ONLY 08127772121, 08034402771, 07039647532, 08038521163, and 08033509150 and do not ENTERTAIN ANY CALL from ANYBODY DIFFERENT from the Phone Numbers listed above.
- Applicants should use the designated bank accounts above as payment made into any wrong or fraudulent account is at the applicant’s risk.
Lady Christie Oluborode