AFE BABALOLA FOOD SECURITY EXPO & CONFERENCE (ABAFEX 2017)
- 09:00 - 24:00
- Afe Babalola University Playing Ground, Ado - Ekiti
WELCOME TO ABAFEX 2017:
AFE BABALOLA FOOD SECURITY EXPO & CONFERENCE (ABAFEX 2017)
ABAFEX is not just another Agricultural Fair but a domesticated ‘Agri-preneurship’ focused event brand within its niche. It would be the first time a fair of this stature would be staged under the auspices of a Private University in Sub Sahara Africa.
ABAFEX SET TO EMPOWER FARMERS, CREATE 3000 JOBS IN AGRO SECTOR.
With a view to complementing government’s effort at revamping Nigeria’s economy through diversification, the 2nd Edition of Afe Babalola Food Security Expo, ABAFEX 2016 was held between October 10-13 in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti state capital.
The maiden edition, described by many as ‘first of its kind in Nigeria’ was declared open by Governor of Ekiti State, Mr Peter Ayodele Fayose last year. It attracted visitors and Exhibitors from far and near, while it also generated unprecedented media buzz.
This year’s edition shall feature a CBN backed Entrepreneurship Scheme boot camp set to train schools leavers, individuals and fresh graduates as Agro service Providers, with long time goal to create thousands of Jobs and become employers of labor across the sector’s value chain.
In his speech at the Expo, Governor Fayose lured the initiative and foresight of the organizers and challenge citizens of the state to compliment efforts of his government to make life more easy while pledging total support for the NGO co-hosting the event.
The goal of ABAFEX is to encourage and build local capacities in food production, wealth creation and intervention, using a pilot model that will parade farmers from all 16 LGA’s in Ekiti State and beyond who will contest for a whopping sum of 5 million naira Cash prize and an overall best winner who will smile home with 1 million naira cash .
The 4-day annual expo, aside providing ample networking opportunities for farmers and allied initiatives, will also feature general agric Talks, Cultural display, sales of highly discounted food items, Innovations /Awards and various other programmes.
In a media chat in Abuja recently , the Expo Technical Partner, Mr Caleb Osasona, Executive Director of Initiative For Green Sustainability, a Non Governmental body, co- hosting the Expo, extolled the lofty vision and magnanimity of Aare Aare Afe Babalola, as Sole sponsor of the event and called on Socially responsible Corporate bodies and elites in the society to tow his line, if the current socio-economic challenges is to become history.
In a related development, Osasona, described the poor perception of farming by youths in Africa as very worrisome and therefore, advocated that Agriculture, as a curriculum, be made compulsory in all levels of education in the country, regardless of area of concentration. He then warned of the grave consequences of a looming food crisis, if present aging Farmers are not replaced by young, virile players in the sector.
Osasona also said the current ‘go back to the farm’ campaign may be seen as another fluke by already cynical young people, if in this globalised age, Farming as a vocation is packaged to them as ‘ a cutlass and hoe’ venture.
His words; “it is now imperative and not an option that commercial agriculture, henceforth, be passed into law as main thrust as replacement of CDS during the One- year National Youth Service in order to entrench ‘green thinking’ into the psyche of youths ”
THE SUCCESS STORY OF MAIDEN EDITION
The superlative 5-Day maiden edition of ABAFEX, was hosted from October 5-9th, 2015 at the expansive Sports Pavilion of Afe Babalola University. Ado Ekiti saw the city agog with pomp and fanfair.
It was described as first of its kind under the auspices of a Private University in Africa. ANAFEX 2015 was declared open by His Excellency, Mr Peter Ayo Fayose, Governor of Ekiti State with key cabinet members including the Chief of Staff, Honourable Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development, Hon. Kehinde Odebunmi, and other top officials.
The entire University community was in a celebration mood when the Founder/Chancellor and Life Patron of ABAFEX, Aare Afe Babalola, breezed in , accompanied by members of Board of Trustees, Council, Senate, Provosts, HOD’s, Academc & Non Academic staff and students.
Other stakeholders at the event included - The Nigeria Export Promotion Council, (NEPC) National Technology Incubation Centre, (NTIC) Traditional Rulers, Women groups delegates from Civil societies, Union Bank, Skye Bank, Agro -allied Cooperative and Trade Union, Aqua-culturists, Livestock Farmers, Cotton growers, Cassava growers Association of Nigeria, Farmers Congress, Associations of Ebira, Igbo and Hausa communities and no less 53 Exhibitors.
A grand prize of N5,000,000 (Five million naira) was contested and won by the 16 Farmers with the Star Cash prize of N1,000,000 clinched by an Overall Best winner in strict compliance with a screening process for accreditation which included amongst others, On-site Bio metric Verification (OBV) Size of Farmland in hectares, Impact on host community, Bio- diversification and Need/Indigence ratio.
The Initiative For Green Sustainability is saddled with mentoring and monitoring beneficiary Farmers .The expected multiplier effect is geared toward Wealth creation, unemployment, and reduction of poverty from current 43.1% to at least 3% average.
The momentum of ABAFEX is perhaps, a clear demonstration that needed replication in leaps and bound toward achieving desired quantum in this ‘all important’ sector and by extent, Sustainable Development Goals.
VISION & OBJECTIVES.
(i) Explore Public Private Partnership as drivers of the ‘Emerging economy’ deregulated market indices and a sustainable future.
(ii) Aggressively promote and re-position Agriculture and Food security through empowerment and rewarding Excellence amongst stakeholders.
(iii) Accelerate Public Private Partnership to boost domestic IGR for Agro-allied Industries.
(iv) Integrate Agricultural Entrepreneurship, Research and Academia with adoption of ICT led innovation.
(Iv) Attract local Agro-Tourism with and investors across sector’s value chain.
(v) Drastically reduce to Zero-decimal the scourge of hunger and poverty in Nigeria.
WHY ABAFEX IS VERY STRATEGIC.
v ABAFEX is an hybrid of Business to Consumer brand, so differentiated for stakeholders and back end users where limitless opportunities for Joint Ventures (JV) is projected at 17.2% growth rate annually.
v ABAFEX experience can be aligned as a gauge to scale your CSR equity, mileage, environmental sustainability and host community impact.
v ABAFEX Conference and Roundtable sessions is a confluence of knowledge and Policy bloc as it IS conceptualized to proffer clear solutions, taking into cognizance of government policy framework and reforms.
v ABAFEX offers unbundled business leads, innovation, networking opportunities and Return- On- Investment (ROI) as it align your business with emerging global economy.
The recognition of ABUAD ENTERPRISE FARM & RESEARCH CENTRE by globally renowned institutions such as The Harvest Protection Network USA, The Embassy of United States, British Council, The International Institute For Tropical Agricultural (IITA) World Bank, UNESCO, African Development Bank (AfDB) FIGS, Embassy Of Japan and others, portend a watershed and needed stimulus for Nigeria as a potential Food Security hub.
ABAFEX 2017 is envisioned to bring equity to the entire value chain with a projected annual growth rate of 12.1% in ROI. The brand value proposition of ABAFEX is anchored on the philosophy of idea convergence, innovation and opportunities. An African adage say- ‘When Bees sting in unison, they bring down an Elephant’ Borrowing from this wisdom, therefore, it is obvious, there is no better time than now, to begin to grow the seed, one seed at a time, in order to feed our future...together!
ABAFEX 2017 shall host an international Conference where challenges will meet cutting-edge solutions and thus, become a stimulus for crop yield, bounty harvest and ultimately, massive profits. Put succinctly, whether you are prospecting for fresh ideas within the Agro business, Franchise opportunities, Joint Venture (JV), Market Penetration, Financing, Import-Export Incentives, or just shopping for the latest hardware and tools for your Farm, Garden, Pets, Livestock or Poultry; then look no further than ABAFEST 2016.
Join Us At ABAFEX…… We look forward to meeting you!
ABOUT THE EVENT DESTINATION - ADO EKITI.
The Exhibition Ground is cited some 8.5 kilometers from the popular ‘Fajuyi Memorial Park. Notable tourist attractions include, the Cenotaph of Late Col. Adekunle Fajuyi, Oke Ayoba hill, Ewi of Ado Ekiti Ancient Palace, and nature’s wonder, ‘Okutagbokutaleri’ a Yoruba sobriquet meaning a Stone naturally suspended over its cliff.
The Ekiti people are hospitable and Peace loving with keen sense of integrity. Renowned as ‘The Fountain of Knowledge’ with its legendary ‘Ikogosi Natural Warm Springs, on the South West axis and alluring rolling hills. Perhaps, to visitors, the salivating aroma of the popular delicacy of Pounded Yam with Fresh Vegetable Soup, garnished with Locust beans, Bush-meat and a rejuvenating cup of Palm wine is one experience that lingers . it is on record that, Ekiti State is the only State in Nigeria with unique dialect homogeneity. Ado Ekiti, the Capital city and other towns is dotted with several ‘3 Star’ hotels and Guest houses, including The 5 Star ABUAD INN with over 200 rooms. Ekiti State is blessed with abundant natural and human resources. Any informed Investor with an hindsight for Overhead reduction and Human Capital should consider Ekiti State first. As one of the fastest growing Capital city in Nigeria, there is an uptown boulevard of all the Commercial Banks including The Central Bank of Nigeria, all complete with 24 -hour ATM booths. Going Northward, along ABUAD Campus is a Golf Club, Night Clubs and Bars that are bound to make any visit, unforgettable either for Business or Leisure.
ABAFEX SPECIAL FEATURES & ACTIVITIES.
In keeping with African tradition of festivities following a bountiful harvest of which Nigeria is not an exception, ABAFEX aside its core features, Exhibition and Conference, shall resonate various aesthetics with funfair and shindig such as below:
- TOUR OF ABUAD FARMS & INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH CENTRE
- LOCALGOVERNMENT AREAS’ FARMERS CONTEST.
- HIGHLY DISCOUNTEDAGRICULTURAL SALES & BONANZA
- TRADITIONAL MUSIC & CULTURAL DANCES/ ORAL POETRY
- WRESTING COMPETITION
- AFRICAN GAZEBO/PALM WINE/LOCAL CUISINE/ DELICACIES
- ART & CRAFTS/ ADIRE TIE & DYE /BRASS/LEATHER WORKS.
- AGRO BASED TECHNOLOGICAL/SCIENTIFICINNOVATIONS DEMO
- MERIT AWARDS & DINNER/GALA NIGHT.
- Visitors shall also have opportunity also TOUR ABUAD Enterprise Farm & Research Centre, ABUAD Tourists’ Village and selected scenic beauties/sites.
+ Corporate bodies/ brands with keen eye for EXCLUSIVITY cannot afford to miss the leverage opportunities of the above EXPERIENTIAL SEGMENTS for their BRANDS/PRODUCTS Fit and Tie- In for 5 days Non- Stop.
To Incubate 1 million Youths as World Class ‘Agri-Preneurs’ in the year 2025.
We want to ACHIEVE this goal with 4 Cardinal Ways:
- Multi-disciplinary IdeaCross-Pollination across all Agro value chain.
- Continuous Scientific Research & innovation..
- Activation of Domestic/ International Road shows to attractFunding windows.
- LeverageHuman Capital for the realization of all the above.
- Showcase the lofty vision and innovative postureof The Promoter -In -Chief on the intrinsic balance between of World Class Education and Agriculture as Enterprise
- Aggressively position Agriculture and Food Securityfor National Economic Diversity.
- Accelerate Public Private Partnership to boost domestic IGR for the concession ofa Commercial and Cargo Airport in Ekiti State for Agro-Import/Export trade.
- Integrate Research findings with adoption of ICT integration into Agricultural inputs.
- Strategically promote Manufacturers of Agro- products through patronage oflocal materials, from downstream and Non –Oil sectors.
- MobilizeCampaign toward adoption of Renewable Energy as Bio-Gas, Bio- Fuel and Technology.
- Promote Agro-Tourism to local and foreign investors for accelerated growth and development within the value chain.
- Drastically reduce to Zero-decimal the scourge of hunger and extreme poverty.
MAJOR REASONS TO BE PART OF ABAFEX 2017 .
- ABAFEX is the next Agri-business destination to connect with people that matter, from Captains of industry to the real customers in real Experiential ambience. Thus, making business transaction breezier outside office four walls. With an expected 32,000 Visitors expected daily., aside the mass traffic from neighboring cities, intra and external visitors from other States of the Federation. This would be approximately 160,000 Visitors for 5 DAYS Non Stop. Thus, affording you boundless opportunities and mileage to leverage on, for deeper Market/Brand Penetration.
- ABAFEX is a differentiated Trade event brand where Agro-Producers, Manufacturers, Researchers, and Agencies shall find limitless visibility, and articulation of their ideas with possibility for Joint Ventures (JV) with a projected 14.2% growth annually.
- ABAFEX offer equity and mileage for your company/brand as it is perceived as ‘ Food Security Sensitive’ thereby strengthening your customer loyalty.
- ABAFEX Experience can be deployed as gauge to scaling your CSR, and in the Long Term converted to align with the Community/Environmental Impact of your business with growth indices.
- ABAFEX promise to give a fresh perspective to your brand/Services/Products using multi-disciplinary approach in Business To Business (B2B lead generation) across the value chain.
- ABAFEX offers attractive Return- On- Investment (ROI) in terms of scalability and sustainability. ABAFEX is the ‘Must go’ Agro- trade show in its niche.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU!
EXHIBITORS AT A GLANCE
- LGA’S / STATES& FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCIES/PARASTATALS .
- THEACADEMIA / RESEARCH INSTITUTES
- DIPLOMATIC MISSIONS.
- OIL & GAS COMPANIES
- BANKING & FINANCE
- MICRO FINANCE & INSURANCE SECTORS.
- EQUIPMENTLEASING COMPANIES.
- SME’S& COTTAGE INDUSTRIES
- POULTRY OWNERS/ HORTICULTURISTS
- FISHERIES/ COLDROOMMERCHANTS.
- FEEDMILLMANUFACTURERS / CONFECTIONERS
- HOUSEHOLD/LIGHTENING EQUIPMENTS DEALERS
- CIVIL ENGINEERING/ BUILDING/CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES
- ELECTRONICS/ELECTRICALAPPLIANCES DEALERS
- BOOKSHOPS/STATIONERY& PAPER CONVERTERS.
- CHEMICAL/ PESTICIDESMANUFACTURERS.
- FERTILIZERS MANUFACTURERS/ SUPPLIERS
- TRANSPORT/HAULAGE & LOGISTICS
- PROCESSING/PACKAGING COMPANIES
- SECURITY GADGETS COMPANIES
- INTERVENTION/ MEDIA AGENCIES.
- E-COMMERCE / ICT SECTOR/ APPS DEVELOPERS
- COOPERATIVE SOCIETIES WOMEN RIGHTS & ADVOCACY GROUPS
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE STUDENT ASSOCIATIONS
- ENVIRONMENTAL & NON-GOVERNMENTAL AGENCIES.
GET READY TO EXPERIENCE ABAFEX 2017 .
- ABAFEX is the next Agri-business destination to connect with people that matter, from Captains of industry to customers in real Experiential ambiance.
- Over 32,000 Visitors are expected daily for consecutive 5 days.
- Book your stands now and get an massive 35% discount before September 30th, 2017.
For Stand/Adverts Booking & Partnership Opportunities,
The Administrative Secretary.
ABAFEX Project Office.
Plot 744, Iyanganku Quarters,
Opposite Former Court Of Appeal
Ibadan. Oyo State. Nigeria
Telephone lines: (SMS only)
Like us on Facebook/ABAFEX